COCERAL’s mission is to represent the interests of the European trade in grains and oilseeds, feedstuffs, rice, olive oil, oils and fats and agro-supply towards the EU and international institutions, international bodies and stakeholders.
In particular, COCERAL strives to:
- voice the key role of trade across the agricultural supply chain
- formulate and present common positions to contribute to a constructive and workable regulatory framework within the EU;
- proactively monitor and guide EU policy making process in market, food safety and environmental matters impacting trade;
- promote strategies for the supply of safe food ingredients and feed raw materials to the benefit of EU downstream agricultural industries and consumers;
- promote self-regulation and best practices via a risk based Code of Good Trading Practice (Coceral GTP).
Objectives are achieved through:
- Continuous interface with relevant EU Commission Directorates on matters affecting members;
- Alliances and common positions with organizations who have similar interests in the food and feed sectors;
- Regular communication of trade and policy issues with EU and international institutions, international bodies and stakeholders.
- Publication of reports and position papers for stakeholders and policy makers.